Dreaming of Picasso

Monday, December 26, 2005

Done but still struggling ...

I am done with my Stanford application BUT I am not able to upload my essays. I was truly hoping to get the Stanford application all complete by today.. But the fact that I cannot upload one of my essays, I will have to try again later, perhaps tomorrow.

The Stanford essays were long and I do feel like I have given my best to this application. It has been a long way since I began the GMAT preparation in July 2005. After Stanford, I will have completed three applications. The Tepper(CMU) application is the next one and I have my first drafts ready. I feel good about the application progress right now. I plan to meet one of the current students from Tepper tomorrow.

CMU students from the bay area are hosting informal Q/A sessions and I think it is really great that the students are taking their own vacation time to meet with prospective students. I am also hoping that I will get some additional insights to help make my essays more powerful.

On the recommendation front, two of my recommender have not submitted their recommendation letters. I don't want to be pesky but I do not want them to wait till Jan 3 and have technical problems like the ones I am having right now.

2 Comments:

  • I also got an email from Tepper inviting me to meet with a student. I think that is a great thing to do and more schools should take advantage of their students going home as such (I know Kellogg has coffee chats as well).

    I forbid myself from reading fiction while I was studying for the GMAt and writing essays not to procrastinate, so I had about 6 months off. I cannot believe I lasted that long! I saw all the HP movies but wanted to read the books now :)

    By Blogger Marina, at December 27, 2005 9:39 AM  

  • Are you planning to apply for CMU flex-mode program in west coast? Do you know how good the program is? I am thinking about applying for it, but the was concerned that the networking opportunities in the flex-mode west coast class will be substantialy less when compared to the networking opportunities in the campus class at Tepper.

    nocilis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 27, 2005 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home