Dreaming of Picasso

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hail Sudoku

I keep reading how bloggers have made peace with the process and how zen they are being about this whole decision process - Ladies and Gentlemen - I am _not_ in a zen state. Since actions like incessant checking of the Haas message board, and businessweek forums are deemed as addictive behaviors, I am trying to replace this addiction by solving the good old sudoku puzzles. In other words

Over the weekend, I got myself one of the sudoku books by will shortz . I am not a big puzzle solver but I have to say that I am totally hooked. I have managed to go through about 15 of them so far. Since I have progressed to the more difficult puzzles, they are taking more time to solve and I hope that this book will last me through next week.

On a related note, I read on the businessweek forums that the Haas adcoms do start calling admitted applicants 1-2 days before the 15th of March. This means that now I can add phone gazing to my list of obsessive behaviors.

8 Comments:

  • i am in no zen state either...this incessant mail checking, going back and forth the message boards, and waiting for that "call" is killing....let me give a shot at sudoku, and see if I can kick some a** :)

    good luck for haas.

    By Blogger Forrest Gump, at March 08, 2006 10:01 PM  

  • I love Sudoku. If you want to try your hand at another Japanese puzzle import, you should check out Kakuro. www.kakuro.com has a daily puzzle. Be warned, though, that they're a bit harder.

    Fellow Haas PT applicant here, though I applied in R2 so I still have a looong wait until June 1. My interview's next week. Anxiety levels are still high as I wait for the two FT programs I applied to.

    Good luck on D-day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 08, 2006 10:35 PM  

  • State of zen? ha! We're all trying to keep ourselves busy and not worry about upcoming decisions....

    By Blogger SgHama, at March 09, 2006 2:37 AM  

  • Hey, I am totally hooked on sudoku as well! Check out www.websudoku.com - it's my current pasttime at work (shhh!). =o)

    By Blogger BigAppleNosh, at March 09, 2006 12:28 PM  

  • thanks for the congratulations - and despite my "zen" posting, i'm actually not that chill about Stanford.

    unlimited free sudoku puzzles at http://www.websudoku.com/ - 4 levels of play and you can write any amount of numbers into each box while you try to figure out the right one.

    By Blogger MBA Jackass, at March 09, 2006 2:48 PM  

  • Thank you!

    By Blogger Marina, at March 10, 2006 11:57 AM  

  • I love Sudoku too ! Here you can play Sudoku for free : http://www.misterfast.com/uk/free-sudoku-puzzles.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 06, 2006 7:11 PM  

  • I am addicted to Sudoku! I made an inventory of methods for solving even the most difficult Sudoku. Start with looking for duo's, it's an eye opener!
    Check http:/www.sudokuhints.nl/en/ for details.

    Good luck,
    Rijk Willemse

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 07, 2006 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home