Dreaming of Picasso

Friday, March 10, 2006

One Year Back...

Doing an MBA was lodged somewhere in the back of my mind. A year since, I am anxiously waiting for my Haas and Tepper decisions. The past year has taught me a lot of things about myself because of the introspective nature of the essays. The other great thing that has happened is that I was forced to inventory my accomplishments. While I knew my accomplishments, seeing them written down gave a shot of confidence that in my opinion, has translated very positively into my work. I have become better at "showing-off" my accomplishments at work by better relating them to the overall business strategy.

While I have spent countless evenings and weekends studying for the GMAT, writing-rewriting essays, I do feel that my writing skills have improved. I have had the chance to meet some very exciting and accomplished people - fellow bloggers, applicants, and current students. The process has had it's share of ups and downs, but at the end of the day - I have a better understanding of myself and my goals.

PS: I am still quite nervous about the upcoming decisions.

4 Comments:

  • Don't be nervous, be excited!!

    Have a fantastic weekend. Hopefully it won't hail anymore!

    By Blogger Marina, at March 10, 2006 10:27 PM  

  • For all the effort you have put, you will surely see the results soon. For Tepper we should be hearing on Monday, so just one more day to get there and the best part is that the week-end will fly just like that..

    I have stopped logging into Tepper and Hass sites to check my application status, instead am getting to your blog to see, if there is an update.

    Good luck once again

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 11, 2006 10:06 AM  

  • To Anonymous:

    Best of Luck with Tepper on Monday. From what I have read, it seems like it will be a status change email, and then one would have to go and see the actual decision. Of course, I will post my decision one way or the other as soon as I get it.

    For Haas, I read on the BW forums that the adcom calls all admitted applicants. My take on this is that - if there is no call by Wednesday morning - it's a ding/waitlist.

    Thanks for frequenting my blog.

    By Blogger FooBarMe, at March 11, 2006 12:26 PM  

  • I remembered to have read (at the link you have posted earlier) that Haas will change the online status on Wednesday early morning. So we should perhaps expect the call earlier than that- on Monday or Tuesday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 11, 2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home