Dreaming of Picasso

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Depression Hits

Today, was one of the bad days that got worse with every passing minute. First, there were ongoing issues at work, and they kept comming and comming - one, two, three, four, five, and then finally the most dreadful of all things happened, my laptop died. Apparently, my hard drive is bust and now the IT guys dont know whether they can retrieve the data out of the dead drive. The laptop has a whole bunch of my work stuff that has not been backed up and most importantly a bunch of homework that is due tomorrow is on that drive.

I am officially depressed today...

7 Comments:

  • that truely sucks. there should definitely be better ways to auto-backup stuff....and i guess such a technology will be a great business hit

    By Blogger Forrest Gump, at May 11, 2006 12:12 AM  

  • oh no!!! I hope everything works out and you get your homework in on time.

    What kind of computer is it again?

    By Blogger Marina, at May 11, 2006 12:41 AM  

  • Oh dang. Sorry to hear that foobar. Hope they somehow recover the data!

    By Blogger i_will_make_it, at May 11, 2006 9:43 AM  

  • Ouch, that sucks! I, too, wonder what computer is that?

    I hope you can turn your homework in on time.

    By Blogger AynRand2008, at May 11, 2006 1:19 PM  

  • ouch, I think there are companies out there that can recover data from damaged hard drives but that might not be in time for your hw.. Maybe you should just tell the teacher your dog ate your hw

    By Blogger brownoski, at May 11, 2006 8:47 PM  

  • I can understand; my laptop is my life and I truly can't imagine life without it.

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 13, 2006 6:18 AM  

  • Dude, I am an IT guy and have a backup script to copy my "my documents" to an external disk every night.

    Losing data TOTALLY SUCKS...and is the most common issue people at work (and my family members) face.

    I just started reading your blog and I find you to be a wise soul.

    Good luck with your MBA...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 08, 2006 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home