Dreaming of Picasso

Monday, April 10, 2006

3 things I could have done better

Before, I go ahead and list the things I could have done better, I would like to thank the folks at ClearAdmit, who have nominated this blog for the BoBs. Please feel free to read my posts and vote for this blog.

First, I would like to say that I am extremely happy with my admission results. That being said, I feel that I could have done some things better.

3. Prepared more for GMAT.
Although I got a 7xx score, I felt that I could have done a bit better. You can beat the GMAT and it is totally worth a honest try. Things like GPA cannot be changed but the GMAT can be.

2. Planned ahead of time for my MBA.
This was not a smart move on my part. One day( literally) I was talking to my boss, and I said that I wanted to do an MBA. My boss sounded supportive and asked me to get an admission to a b-school, and then approach her for financial support. The next thing I knew, I was taking the GMAT and attending info sessions. I wish I had more time to make my extra curricular acivities a tad bit more streamlined and also better organized for the essays.

1. Actively Networked with Alums
I was able to do it for Haas/Duke/Tepper. I just did not develop a good enough relationship to get a unsolicited recommendation from a Stanford alum. Who knows this may have atleast resulted in a interview call from Stanford.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home