Dreaming of Picasso

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What If..

The excitement of the "double whammy" on Monday is still sinking in. I received the formal acceptance letter from Haas and the status online has changed. I will be attending the welcome reception on April 4th 2006. I have sent my confirmation, and most likely I will drag my partner in. I have also filled out the paperwork to enroll in the local community college to complete the statistics requirement.

All this is great, but all through the months after application, I was trying to prepare my "What if" options. The top one on that list was - what if I get waitlisted. My plan of action for this scenario was
  • Contact some of the Alumni and get them to write an additional endorsement. I managed to get into the good books with alumni of all the schools I applied except Stanford
  • Visit classes and the campus again ( with the hopes of running into someone from adcom )
  • Contact some of the current students and ask them to put in a good word for me. During the previous information sessions, I had made friends with some of the current students - great folks who were very supportive during my application
  • Write about the increased responsibilities at work
  • Write about some of the extra curricular activities that I had not highlighted before

The clear admit folks also had some great articles on handling waitlists. I truly wish the best of luck to all the Haas applicants in round one.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home