Dreaming of Picasso

Friday, March 17, 2006

Part Time Options

When I first started looking for part time MBA programs in the bay area, I kept hearing from people that the bay area doesn't have any options. After I researched, I came across two types of programs


-Commute and Study
Wharton West
Haas, UC Berkeley
Tepper, Carnegie Mellon
UC Davis
Leavey, Santa Clara
There are other "local" programs like San Jose State etc but I really did not go after them.

- Fly and Study
Chicago GSB
Anderson, UCLA
Fuqua, Duke

The reason for writing this post is that I keep hearing that there are no good options in the bay area. In my opinion, if going to top 20 program is a must for someone then it may be worthwhile to consider programs like Chicago GSB. Personally, I was very impressed with the overall content of the Haas program and it aligned very well with my goals. I was also not sure that I wanted to do all the flying. Although, one could easily argue that flying from San Jose to LA may consume almost the same as commuting almost 100 miles in rush hour twice a week.

In my opinion, there are a good number of options considering that one can get a quality education and still have the pleasure of living in the bay area.

Since, I will be off to South America, this blog might not get updated regularly. That being said, after a wonderful vacation, I will come back to the Stanford ding (I have already accepted my fate with Stanford). I am all excited about my vacation and I have to get back to my packing now...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home