Dreaming of Picasso

Monday, May 15, 2006

Networking

Earlier this year, I had outlined that one of goals was to know other people in my company who are doing new business development. I hope to venture out to new business development and strategy post MBA ,and I am trying to network with individuals in my company for the time being to get a better understanding of the skills and assess my own gaps.

While the full time folks have the option to do a pre-MBA internship and the regular internship, the part time folks usually don't have that luxury- or more specifically at this time I don't have that opportunity. I plan to use the informational interviews not only to know more about different opportunities but also to know more people in areas where I want to be in the next three years.

To that effect, I have scheduled my first meeting, this Wednesday. The person is a Haas alumnus and that definitely helped me break the ice very easily and get in the calendar. I am really looking forward to this meeting. Hopefully, I can get some ideas about how to transition to a new role.

Last but not the least - Laptop update: It is still being worked on. I am redoing all my homework and labwork, so that I can meet the new extension date that I had requested from my instructor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home