Dreaming of Picasso

Thursday, November 02, 2006

What am I Learning...

Discussions are a big part of any MBA class. The professors try to get a good discussion going and of course the students follow - there are participation points at hand right!! Interestingly though, a lot of times as I am listening to the comments, a thought goes through my head - This is just common sense.

So why am I sitting in the class and spending my time, if this is all common sense.

The thing is, while a lot of material may look like common sense, I have come to realize that the courses provide a very good framework to think through the problems and apply "common sense" in the right places. Apart from arriving at logical conclusions, the frameworks also provide a good stopping point preventing "analysis paralysis". Nevertheless, I now tremendously appreciate frameworks and models.

In other MBA news, the Israel trip is shaping up gradually. An elective survey was sent out recently and that got me seriously thinking about electives. The problem is that all of them seem interesting but a choice has to be made at some time. The good news is that I still have some time left to make these choices.

3 Comments:

  • Good read, Thanks!

    Steven Burda, MBA
    www.linkedin.com/in/burda

    e-mail me to connect:
    steven.burda.mba @gmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 02, 2006 11:11 PM  

  • Thanks for your information. Most of the posts in the blog is really valuable. Regards

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 06, 2009 4:05 AM  

  • It is really nice for me to see you and your great hard work again.Every piece of your work look excellent.Looking forward to learning more from you! 192.168.l.l

    By Blogger Sophie Grace, at May 23, 2019 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home