Dreaming of Picasso

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Step by Step

I took a quick break from my application process after I hit the submit button for the Tepper application. I am not sure that I will apply to Wharton West and if that is the case then I am actually done with my applications. I do have my upcoming Haas interview on Jan. 17th 2006. I really like Haas and therefore I have to start some sort of a preparation. Here is an outline of the steps, I intend to follow.

  • Collate typical interview questions ( use resources like accepted.com and anything else I can scrape of various internet messages)
  • Read the appropriate sections of the Montauk book
  • Read application materials
  • Read resume
  • Write down answers -especially the typical elevator pitches - Tell me more about yourself
  • Find out more about my interviewer
  • Prepare questions for the interviewer
  • Do mock interviews ( already scheduled)

Step by step, I hope to get as prepared as I possibly can be and ofcourse that includes figuring out the parking around Haas ( I always get so confused around that area and it takes me forever to park).

If anyone knows about resources/steps that I should be including, please do leave a comment.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like you have it all covered. I think the most important bit would be mock interviews, since that's when you would actually practice delivering your pitch to someone who hasn't heard it before. good luck with the prep

    By Blogger SgHama, at January 08, 2006 5:38 PM  

  • I'm a first year at Haas EWMBA and doing a mock interview definitely helped me with my interview. The interview only lasted 30 minutes so you have to go high level on your work experience and focus on takeaways that relate to the program. Position yourself and make sure what you say is consistent with what you wrote in your essays. My interviewer was pretty easy going so I had to keep pushing to sell myself.
    If you have any questions about the program, feel free to send me an email.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 11, 2006 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home