Dreaming of Picasso

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Done Done Done !!!

I am done with the Statistics class!! I had my finals yesterday and what a relief.
As soon as I get my grades, I can finally send my transcripts to Haas and be done with the Statistics requirement.

Now that my classes are over, I am trying to arrive at the steps I need to take to align better with my future goals. Marina's informative post on i-banking, got me thinking about my possible choices - consulting and "everything else". Initially, I had not thought too much about consulting, but as I started conducting informational interviews, and reading job postings, it seems like a consulting stint might really help me with my objectives. I need to research this better because as I get more information about these topics, my head starts to spin a bit more. Given that there is a significant personal investment in the process of getting an MBA, I would like to make the most of it. Having a better idea about my future career path will help me effective elective choices and allow me to be proactive

The steps that I have plan to execute to research future career path are:

- Read job postings in the areas that I would like to be in and identify core skillsets

- Conduct informational interviews within and outside my company
Challenge: I don't think I am very good at doing informational interviews and I am still trying to figure out how to get hold of people outside my company

- Get a better understanding what consulting is all about
Challenge: I do not know much about consulting, and I really do not have any friends in this area so ideally an event like what Marina attended at Lehman would be nice.

I will continue to think about other avenues for gaining a better understanding about future career paths and add to this list eventually.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home