Dreaming of Picasso

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Another Fuqua Update

In a recent post, I had written about the application update email that I got from Fuqua. I scheduled a phone meeting as per the admission committee's request and had a 30 minute discussion on my application. It turns out that the admissions committee feels after review that I may be better suited for the Cross-Continent MBA as opposed to the Global Executive MBA. That's not too bad, but then, I went through a extensive pre-screening process in which I was literally asked to apply to the Global Executive MBA. The adcom has concerns about the length of my experience and said that with this experience we can admit someone only if they are a CFO of a company. Well, I am no CFO.. and I never claimed I was one anytime in my pre-screening questionnaires. So basically, I felt a bit misled. Consequently, during the conversation, when they repeatedly kept saying that they really like my profile for the Fuqua Business School, I am not sure how far that is true.

Anyway, now my application is going to be moved into the new pool of Cross Continent MBA applicants. I like the business school and their international focus in all of their courses. I hope that I get a positive response in the form of a real admission decision.

1 Comments:

  • I think it is great that they are moving you over like that instead of making you reapply next year....sounds like a good sign!

    By Blogger Marina, at January 10, 2006 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home