Dreaming of Picasso

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Baby Steps

I have managed to take some baby steps for my interview preparation for Tepper. I read the accepted.com database and it seems that most of the questions are the typical ones - Why MBA, Why now, Why Tepper? Oddly, I don't feel very anxious about the interview. It will be in Palo Alto and it is not too far from work. I do plan to take about 1/2 day off because I don't want get tangled with work issues before the interview. I also read my application and my resume and that just helped me realize how I am relieved to not be writing any more essays describing my goals and what make me unique.

I have a feeling that this will be my last bit of effort for any MBA admission related preparation. Out of the four schools, I have/will have interviewed with three of them by Friday. I know that Stanford interview invitations are being sent out but unlike the folks at the businessweek forums (who have unbridled optimism about interview invitations), I am a realist. I have had my share of success and failures and even without an interview invitation, I feel that I put my best foot forward and that is the best I could do.

On a more positive note, I would really like to hook up with other bay area bloggers this Saturday( 2/11/2006) evening ( if you guys are free) for dinner/drinks, perhaps in Palo Alto/ Mountain View ( suggestions).

2 Comments:

  • I interviewed with Tepper 3 hours after taking the GMAT. It was my very first interview and I knew nothing about the application process...I did it as a practice interview. It actually went really great and a few days later they sent me an application fee waiver. I remember emphasizing the size of the program and the guy really liking that. Good luck!

    I might be able to swing Saturday...email me details. I am clueless when it comes to anywhere outside the city :) mg2527@columbia.edu

    By Blogger Marina, at February 09, 2006 9:44 AM  

  • Good luck!! Aww, I'm going to be in Chicago all weekend, otherwise I would have loved to come out on Saturday! Let me know if you guys meet up again in the future.

    By Blogger i_will_make_it, at February 09, 2006 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home