Dreaming of Picasso

Monday, January 30, 2006

Stanford and paranoia

During the past week, there has been a flurry of activity in the BW Forums about the Stanford interview invitations. The status of my application changed to "Your application is complete and currently under review" about two weeks back. As the invitations started coming out, I went back and read my applications again. Prospective applicants : this is _not_ a good idea because the moment I read it, and mentally correlated with all the glorious stats on the BW Forums, I started thinking that my application could have been better. Then I took a step back to think what could I have done different, and the best thing I could come up with that some of the paragraphs could have been "crisper".

I do think that I have put my best foot forward..but that doesn't seem reassuring any more. I have been trying to reason that Stanford was a long shot for me because I fall outside the traditional age range(> 30). Ah well !, the $230 donation to Stanford has been made. On a more positive note, I like to visit Cantor Center of Arts and most likely will continue that in the upcoming years, and I hope that some of this money will go towards it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home