Dreaming of Picasso

Thursday, January 12, 2006

And I talk and talk more.....

As my interview with Haas approaches, I have been trying to work through my checklist of things to do.

I have managed to read the relevant sections of the Montauk book and looked through the typical questions. I also managed to do something that was not a part of my checklist - contact current students at Haas and get a first hand debriefing on their interview experience. Now I have to say that the students at Haas have been nothing but the most supportive bunch of people. I have received replies to all my questions and emails within 24 hours and the person I was talking to was kind enough to ask another student to help me out ( I did not ask for this but he said that he would be able to find someone closer to my background and this would give me an even closer "feel" for this process). The students have been very kind and generous with their time and I am absolutely thrilled about my interview at Haas.
I also talked with the admissions office to get a quick background about my interviewer. The person is a Haas alumnus and is also a part of the admissions committee. This is a good piece of information to have and I am going with at least 5-6 questions prepared so that I can choose the one or two appropriate questions at the end of the interview.

After talking to students and the admissions office, I will be doing my mock interviews with some close friends. I am taking fellow blogger - Sghama's comments to heart here because after my weird performance at the Wharton interview, I really do not want to take any more chances.

So as I keep on talking, I hope that in the end Haas will be listening and letting me into their program.

1 Comments:

  • I didn't pin you for a Cosmo drinking type :) I like the taste, but cannot deal with the glass. I tend to end up with most of the drink on my pants.

    I am sure you will ace the Haas interview :)

    By Blogger Marina, at January 12, 2006 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home