Dreaming of Picasso

Monday, February 06, 2006

Shake me up

I really need some shaking up -- to get into my senses and to stop wasting time. I am usually very self motivated person but somehow during the last two weeks, my motivation has decided to go on a vacation. I have been procrastinating things I needed to do - like preparing for the Tepper Interview on Friday. Instead, I have just been watching TV and basically doing nothing. I was so much into doing nothing that I spent about two hours yesterday going through a discussion board about the NBC TV series "The Book of Daniel". I really liked the show and unfortunately it has been cancelled . The good news is that the new episodes are being released on the web.

I need to pull up my socks and get going for the CMU interview. My action list includes
- Read information about Tepper
- Read Accepted.Com Database questions
- Go over my -"Why MBA etc" notes from the Berkeley interview
- Attend the information session on Thursday
- Read application materials

I hope that when I get back home today evening, I complete at least one of my action items.

4 Comments:

  • I know how it feels... especially when you already have an admit! I haven't started prepping for my Chicago interview yet either, and I can't bring myself to. I am swamped with work, but even I wasn't, I would still be twiddling my thumbs...

    By Blogger SgHama, at February 07, 2006 6:55 AM  

  • ahhh... D-day. Which it came sooner! :-P

    I completely understand as well. You have the apps out and all of a sudden you can BREATHE. And you're so exhasted, all you want to do is NOTHING. :-) Even with interviews coming up, you procrastinate because "hey, I got the apps out already, didn't I?" lol.

    I need to get my butt into gear too. My brain knows these interviews are the final hit or miss. However, my body is in sleep mode. "Wake up!" grrr...

    Good luck with Tepper!!

    By Blogger i_will_make_it, at February 07, 2006 2:52 PM  

  • Aww, keep your chin up. What do they say? Fight's "not over until the fat lady sings." We still have until about beg/mid-March to hear from Stanford. And of course reviewing about 5,000 applications (http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/mba/studentlife/class_profile.html) is always a daunting task.

    And if I don't get in, life goes on. No matter what, we'll move on to bigger and better things. It's awesome you have a Fuqua admit already!! :-D

    By Blogger i_will_make_it, at February 08, 2006 10:46 AM  

  • Good Luck on your Tepper interview. And congratulations for the Duke admit.

    By Blogger Forrest Gump, at February 08, 2006 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home